Thursday 17 May 2018

Sunday Afternoon Swimming


And then I headed back to Trégastel.




I was still learning how to pronounce kouign amann, still struggling to get my English ear attuned to it, so I thought I should seek inspiration in the real thing.

Not these, these are for sharing, I bought a one-woman cake to take back to my apartment




And then I decided that since it was still morning I would enjoy a coffee and a cake in the shop near the pool. The one that sells salted caramel kouign amanns.

And, joy of joys, they were still warm from the oven.




A word of caution: Consuming two kouign amanns sent me to sleep for an hour.

When I awoke there was an impromptu boules competition underway outside the apartment...




And the tide was in...

And people were playing on the water...

Windsurfing...




I almost missed the kayaker...




Paddle boarding...

Much too much like hard work, I think...




There was a fresh breeze blowing off the sea so despite the cloudless sky and bright sunshine, it was still a tad chilly but...

I hadn't gone all the way to Trégastel not to venture in for the first wild swim of 2018...

Life is too short not to...

So I did. I waded out, first in swimsuit and sweater, and then I returned to the beach to shed my sweater and ventured back in swimsuit and T-shirt, and then I returned to the beach to shed my T-shirt and so there was no reason not to dive under the water,

It was cold. So cold it took my breath away. I splashed, and gasped, and then I swam, slowly at first and then faster and with more confidence.

And it was so exilarating I couldn't stop laughing.




And to think, I hesitated about returning to Brittany. Wondered if it would be a mistake. Thought I might not feel happy and safe here.

Ha!


1 comment:

Hello! Your comments are welcome and appreciated