Friday 18 May 2018

Dawn on Monday


On Monday I woke early and rushed to the sitting room window to see the view.

The tide was in, the sea was a deep blue and the sky a beautiful blushing pink.




I considered taking a shower and making my breakfast, but that view kept calling to me and so I slipped into some clothes and took my mug of tea outside to sip.
  



That's the thing, you see, since quitting the corporate cage I've learned to listen to the little voice that whispers, "Go with your instincts, follow your heart, do not waste this moment." 

So now I do. 




The light changed so quickly. It would have been such a shame not to have gone outside to enjoy it.




One minute pink and blue and then a hint of gold.

 


And the dawn was gone.




I returned to the apartment where I showered, dressed properly, packed my bags, cleaned and tidied and then took one last walk.

I could have lingered. The AirBnB host had offered me the use of the apartment until midday, but I was missing Tashi and keen to collect him from the kennels.
 



And it's not as if I can't return whenever I please...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Your comments are welcome and appreciated