Tuesday 10 April 2018

Progress...

It's been a while, again, but I've been busy with visitors and guests and friends...
And proofreading for a UK publisher, which I love...
And TEFL course that I completed so I am now a certified English teacher...
And here we are, springtime in Brittany.

The flowers are blooming, everywhere we go there are ditches decorated with primroses and the daffodils that a late and chilly spring have encouraged to keep flowering, and the camellia in my courtyard is a blushing pink beauty and ... I always forget how gorgeous spring is.




The Ragazza is with me for a few days so today we went to the coast to walk the Sentier des Douaniers.






There were lots of other walkers. It's no longer just me, the dog and a few other hardy souls braving the winter storms that blow in from the sea. The tourists are returning with the house martens and swallows and the restauarants, shops and museums are re-opening after their winter hibernations.

Although the place where we had planned to eat lunch today was, unexpectedly, closed. Not a problem, we found another restaurant nearby and my turkey escalope in a cream, mushroom and mozarella sauce was delicious, as were the Ragazza's moules, so we were happy.

And the view was not so shabby, n'etait-ce pas?


    

Well, you wouldn't expect me not to visit my beach, would you? I wonder how many hundreds thousands of photograps I have taken of that pink castle during the last few years?
The tide was in, I should have taken my first wild swim of the year.
Perhaps next time...




Definitely next time!

1 comment:

  1. you're busy and enjoying life..lovely. Good to see Spring arriving with you..wont be too long getting here,hopefully!.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Your comments are welcome and appreciated